Central Treasury. No date (1945). Put into circulation June 4, 1945. Work of Edmund Dulac for the medallion of the Marianne. Dimensions: 151 x 85 mm. Printer: Thomas De La Rue & Cie, London. Banknote without watermark. Printed in green with a security background made up of continuously repeated geometric patterns. Description of the front: The words “REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE” positioned at the top of the note. The numbering is printed in black. The value "1000" is repeated in three corners. Signatures: The Head of the Central Treasury Service, Chamski and The Controller of the Emissions Service, Diethelm. In the center, in a dark green medallion, a portrait of Marianne wearing a Phrygian cap in profile to the left with the value "1000" in letters and numbers to the right of the portrait. Description of the back: various guilloche patterns over the entire surface of the note. At the top, the motto of France "LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE". In a rose window in the center, the value "1000" in letters and numbers and on the sides. Article 139 of the Penal Code is printed at the bottom in a box. A specimen is known without series and without number, perforated "SPECIMEN" in small at the bottom center. Another specimen is known numbered 71E 000000, overprinted with a black oval stamp "SPECIMEN / DE LA RUE & CO. LTD / CANCELLED ”and numbered in the margin“ SPECIMEN N ° ”. Specimen 71E 00000 is also found with 2 cancellation perforations or "CANCELLED" perforation, but without SPECIMEN number and without the stamp of the printer TDLR & Cie. Banknote withdrawn from circulation in March 1946.
1406 copies in inventory (January 12, 2021)
|VF.12.01||01A > 99A||523||(1)|
|VF.13.01||01D > 99D||450||(4)|
|VF.13.02||01E > 99E||353||(5)|
|VF.13.03||01H > 02H||24||(6)|
1) Complete series.
(2) 01B 019732 to 01B 994883.
(3) Specimen without series and without number, perforated "SPECIMEN" in small at the bottom center.
(4) Two letters missing: 41D and 98D.
(5) Seven missing letters: 03E, 28E, 46E, 52E, 82E, 83E and 95E.
(6) 11 copies for the 01H series and 13 copies for the 02H series.
(7) All the Central Treasury specimens numbered 71E 000000 and issued by the English printer Thomas De La Rue (TDLR) are undoubtedly limited to 50 copies, because no specimen with a number greater than "50" has appeared in this day. Known numbers: 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 22, 26, 36, 38, 45, 46, 47 and 48.