Do you know 5 francs CCFOM ?
Information on 5 francs type 1947 French Colonies
News by Oct. 18, 2021- on
In 1944, the issuing authority "Caisse centrale de la France libre" became the "Caisse centrale de la France d'Outre-Mer". It is in charge of issuing notes in the following territories:
- French Equatorial Africa (FEA)
- Martinique (MTQ)
- Guadeloupe (GLP)
- French Guiana (GUF)
- Reunion (REU)
- Saint-Pierre and Miquelon (SPM)
After a series of banknotes designed by Edmund Dulac, in 1947 it issued a new series of banknotes (8 face values ranging from 5 to 5,000 francs)
Let us focus on the first denomination of this series, the 5 francs type 1947 named "Bougainville" (a great 17th century French navigator).
There are 2 dimensions of the note:
- 112x60 mm for the Antilles (MTQ, GLP, GUF)
- 104x56 mm for the others (AEF, REU, SPM)
Only one numbering sequence was used for this note.
Here is the split of alphabets over the 6 territories. We have integrated the split of the 360 notes that we have on our site (Archives & Inventory).
Here is the result:
This table raises several questions some of you may be able to help us answer:
- FEA: Do you know a note with alphabet A.1 ?
- GUF: Do you know any note among the last banknotes issued (Alphabet 24, letter G)?
- FEA: We do not have any note for alphabets 8, 11, 18, 26, 33, 34, 36. Do you know some sample ? Could you add in the inventory please ?
- FEA: Do you know if thealphabet 37 is the last alphabet?
- SPM: Do you know if R.27 is the SPM or a FEA ?
All your contributions to complete this study are welcome!
- Add a comment or a response in the "Comments" area of this news.
- Send an email to contact @ numizon.fr with the photo of a wanted note.
- Insert the photo of your note directly into the Numizon inventory (Click here).
We will update the study regularly.
On compte sur vous !