Discover a selection of 5,400 banknotes from around the world!
News by March 24, 2020- on
Keep the passion for the collection
The difficult period that our planet is currently going through with the expansion of the Covid-19 should not distract us completely from our common passion ... And the Collection of the world's banknotes must imperatively continue to enliven our cultural life! So, to allow you to get away from this global tragedy for a few moments and enhance the unfolding of these interminable days of confinement which will undoubtedly last for several more weeks, we have selected the auctions not to be missed in the next 30 days. And while waiting for the end of this dark period, good luck to all, protect yourself and watch over your families and friends ...
March 25, 2020 • Baldwin's of St James. Auction #43
- Only a dozen banknotes from around the world.
March 27, 2020 ★ Katz. Auction #30
- Sale of 1226 world banknotes (lots # 1 to # 1226).
- The starting price of each lot is set at only € 5!
- Our selection: A 10,000 Francs note - 2000 Belgas Type 1942 (Pick: # 105c or Morin: # 110) in XF grade dated 07-08-42 (Lot # 114). The biggest banknote ever issued by Belgium!
March 29, 2020 ★ The Coinhouse Auctions. Live auction NR #14
- Sale of 1417 world banknotes, 62 banknotes for Belgium and 21 lots of world banknotes.
April 7, 2020 ★★★ Spink. Auction #20008
- Sale of 1233 world banknotes (Lots # 601 to # 1830).
Our selection :
- A 1000 franc note Type 1945 Arnaud (Lot # 617). This note is new in the Numizon inventory. For more information, read our article dated September 24, 2019.
- A very rare banknote of 500 Rubles Type 1898 in SPECIMEN (Lot # 1590). You can also read our article dedicated to this banknote dated January 14, 2020!
- A rare 25 Piastres Type 1925 banknote from the Bank of Syria and Greater Lebanon, numbered H109-528 (Lot # 1695). See also our article about this note dated January 26, 2020.
April 7, 2020 ★★★ cgb.fr. Live Auction Banknotes April 2020
- Sale of 455 world banknotes including 436 in SPECIMEN!
- Our selection: A 5000 franc note Type 1942 french Empire (Lot # 4370167). Unreferenced copy with horizontal "SPECIMEN" perforation in the center of the note!
April 8, 2020 ★ Spink. Auction #20336
- Charity sale with 140 Bank of England banknotes.
- All lots are small numbers from the new £ 20 Sarah John Type 2020 polymer banknote.
April 22, 2020 ★ Auréo & Calico. Auction #348
- Sale of 360 world banknotes.
April 24, 2020 ★★ Emporium Hamburg Numismatics. Floor Auction #89/90
- Sale of 86 world banknotes and 215 banknotes for Germany.
- Our french banknote selection: a superb copy of the modified 50 francs Cerès Type 1933 (Lot #4022) with the date 17-03-1938. It is a fairly rare banknote (1) in this grade and listed for € 900 in XF grade in the Fayette-Dessal catalog 2019. Small radar as a bonus!
April, 24 2020 ★★ Heritage Auctions. Auction Dallas #4020
- Sale of 197 world banknotes.
- Our selection: a very rare 5 Pounds note Type 1933 (Ref. Pick # 27) from the National Bank Limited in PMG Gem Uncirculated 65 EPQ. Dealer comment: "A gorgeous high grade "Ploughman" note from the 1929-1941 Consolidated Banknote issue, which was created and regulated by the Currency Commission. Interestingly, eight separate banks issued these notes which are identified with the alphabetical portion of the prefix and bank name overprint; in this example's case the "N" in the prefix corresponds to the National Bank Limited. Scarce in high grade, with only five notes registered in Uncirculated condition in the PMG Population Report. From The Drs. Joanne and Edward Dauer Collection of World Banknotes". Estimate: $6,000 - $8,000. (Lot # 26129). A Numizon article is in progress on this Irish banknote ...
(1) 43 known copies in the french website of: Kajacques.